Jose Mourinho believes new summer signings have converted Chelsea into title contenders
London: Chelsea football team manager Jose Mourinho is reportedly of the opinion that his club`s summer signings makes them title contenders.
Mourinho frequently played down his side`s chances in the 2013-14 title race, saying that they were a little horse, but now he believes otherwise.
Chelsea signed midfielder Cesc Fabregas and striker Diego Costa this summer for about 60 million pounds, while Didier Drogba returned to the club he left in 2011, The BBC reported.
Mourinho said that Chelsea has bought some key players and they believe that they are title contenders.
Spain striker Costa moved to Stamford Bridge from La Liga champions Atletico Madrid, while former Arsenal midfielder Fabregas joined from Barcelona.
The Chelsea boss, while saying that his summer transfers added a new dimension, said that they are a title contender. Mourinho added that if one wants me to say they would win the league he cannot, because he respects this competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’