Jose Mourinho believes new summer signings have converted Chelsea into title contenders
London: Chelsea football team manager Jose Mourinho is reportedly of the opinion that his club`s summer signings makes them title contenders.
Mourinho frequently played down his side`s chances in the 2013-14 title race, saying that they were a little horse, but now he believes otherwise.
Chelsea signed midfielder Cesc Fabregas and striker Diego Costa this summer for about 60 million pounds, while Didier Drogba returned to the club he left in 2011, The BBC reported.
Mourinho said that Chelsea has bought some key players and they believe that they are title contenders.
Spain striker Costa moved to Stamford Bridge from La Liga champions Atletico Madrid, while former Arsenal midfielder Fabregas joined from Barcelona.
The Chelsea boss, while saying that his summer transfers added a new dimension, said that they are a title contender. Mourinho added that if one wants me to say they would win the league he cannot, because he respects this competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL