Jose Mourinho fined 8,000 pounds by FA for improper conduct
London: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has been fined 8,000 pounds after admitting an improper conduct charge for his behaviour in Saturday`s Premier League game against Cardiff City, the FA said.
Mourinho was sent to the Stamford Bridge stands by Anthony Taylor 20 minutes from the end of the 4-1 win for protesting to the referee after becoming increasingly frustrated at what he perceived to be Cardiff`s time-wasting tactics.
"If I was at that game and I was paying my ticket I would be worried with the fact that every time the ball was out or stopped and our opponent had to put the ball back in the game, it took a minimum of 21.5 seconds," Mourinho said at the time.
"That is a waste of money. You pay your ticket and every time the game stops you have to wait about half a minute? When you multiply that by the number of times the game was stopped ... you pay for 90 minutes but you see 55 or 60."
The FA said in a statement on Thursday that the fine was the standard penalty for the offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding