Jose Mourinho hit with FA charge after Cardiff clash
London: Jose Mourinho was charged with improper conduct by the Football Association on Monday after being sent to the stands during Chelsea`s 4-1 win over Cardiff.
There were a number of controversial incidents in the Premier League clash at Stamford Bridge on Saturday and Chelsea manager Mourinho was sent to the stands by referee Anthony Taylor for the final 20 minutes after losing his cool when a series of decisions went against his team.
Mourinho went to sit with the fans, making the day of those he sat next to, but his own frustration was clear.
Earlier in the match, Chelsea`s Eden Hazard had scored a controversial equaliser after Samuel Eto`o dispossessed Cardiff`s David Marshall as the goalkeeper bounced the ball, contrary to FIFA rules.
The former Real Madrid boss has been given until 1700GMT on Thursday to respond to the charge.
The nature of the offence means Mourinho is most likely to face a fine, rather than a ban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons