Jose Mourinho labels Luis Suarez `acrobatic swimming pool` diver
London: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has reportedly called Liverpool`s Luis Suarez an `acrobatic swimming pool` diver and accused the striker of trying to con a penalty.
Mourinho said that the Uruguayan should have been booked for cheating after a challenge by Chelsea striker Samuel Eto`o in the Red`s 2-1 Sunday loss at Stamford Bridge.
According to Mirror, Blues boss Mourinho said that Suarez lost that duel with Azpilicueta, Eto`o comes in, and it looks like somebody shot Suarez in the back and for him that was a clear yellow card.
He further pointed that Azpilicueta had the ball, he was leaving the box with the ball, and Suarez did an acrobatic swimming pool jump to try to get the penalty, because he`s so clever he knows he`s in the penalty area with the Liverpool supporters behind.
Meanwhile, Liverpool manager Rodgers leapt to the defence of Suarez, and also insisted that Eto`o should have been sent off for an X-rated tackle on Jordan Henderson.
However, referee Howard Webb did not book Eto`o, but the free-kick led to Martin Skrtel`s opener, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference