Jose Mourinho says Chelsea deserved to lose in PL clash against Newcastle
Johannesburg: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho criticised his side following their 2-0 Premier League defeat at Newcastle United on Saturday and conceded that they deserved nothing from the game.
Victory at St James` Park would have provisionally sent Chelsea above Arsenal at the top of the table, but instead they went down to second-half goals by Newcastle players Yoan Gouffran and Loic Remy.
According to Sport24, Mourinho expressed his disappointment at the defeat, saying that his side deserved to lose as even though they had a couple of good chances to score the equalizer, Newcastle was more committed than them and was the best team on the pitch.
Mourinho also said that even though the game was quite easy to play in the first half, Chelsea let the game go as they were not sharp and not intense with the ball as they should have been, adding that they were waiting for a chance to score a goal or a chance to concede and lose the game.
It was Chelsea`s second league defeat of the season, following a 1-0 reverse at Everton in September, and brought an end to a nine-game unbeaten run in all competitions, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'