Jose Mourinho says Chelsea deserved to lose in PL clash against Newcastle
Johannesburg: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho criticised his side following their 2-0 Premier League defeat at Newcastle United on Saturday and conceded that they deserved nothing from the game.
Victory at St James` Park would have provisionally sent Chelsea above Arsenal at the top of the table, but instead they went down to second-half goals by Newcastle players Yoan Gouffran and Loic Remy.
According to Sport24, Mourinho expressed his disappointment at the defeat, saying that his side deserved to lose as even though they had a couple of good chances to score the equalizer, Newcastle was more committed than them and was the best team on the pitch.
Mourinho also said that even though the game was quite easy to play in the first half, Chelsea let the game go as they were not sharp and not intense with the ball as they should have been, adding that they were waiting for a chance to score a goal or a chance to concede and lose the game.
It was Chelsea`s second league defeat of the season, following a 1-0 reverse at Everton in September, and brought an end to a nine-game unbeaten run in all competitions, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh