Juan Angel Napout named CONMEBOL president
Asuncion: Paraguayan Juan Angel Napout has replaced Eugenio Figueredo of Uruguay as the president of South American football`s CONMEBOL governing body.
The position became vacant after Figueredo was appointed FIFA vice president following the death of Argentine FA boss Julio Grondona.
Napout, 56, has been president of the Paraguayan FA since 2007.
"This is a huge challenge for me because to reach (the presidency of) the South American Football Confederation is the biggest dream there is," Napout told a press conference in Asuncion.
"We know a lot of things are expected of us but we have the confidence to see them through. I`m ready for this."
Media reports said Napout`s term as CONMEBOL chief would run until May 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!