Juan Angel Napout named CONMEBOL president
Asuncion: Paraguayan Juan Angel Napout has replaced Eugenio Figueredo of Uruguay as the president of South American football`s CONMEBOL governing body.
The position became vacant after Figueredo was appointed FIFA vice president following the death of Argentine FA boss Julio Grondona.
Napout, 56, has been president of the Paraguayan FA since 2007.
"This is a huge challenge for me because to reach (the presidency of) the South American Football Confederation is the biggest dream there is," Napout told a press conference in Asuncion.
"We know a lot of things are expected of us but we have the confidence to see them through. I`m ready for this."
Media reports said Napout`s term as CONMEBOL chief would run until May 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16