Juan Angel Napout named CONMEBOL president
Asuncion: Paraguayan Juan Angel Napout has replaced Eugenio Figueredo of Uruguay as the president of South American football`s CONMEBOL governing body.
The position became vacant after Figueredo was appointed FIFA vice president following the death of Argentine FA boss Julio Grondona.
Napout, 56, has been president of the Paraguayan FA since 2007.
"This is a huge challenge for me because to reach (the presidency of) the South American Football Confederation is the biggest dream there is," Napout told a press conference in Asuncion.
"We know a lot of things are expected of us but we have the confidence to see them through. I`m ready for this."
Media reports said Napout`s term as CONMEBOL chief would run until May 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read