Juan Mata urged to `be like Ronaldo` to re-enter Chelsea squad
Johannesburg: Chelsea star Juan Mata has reportedly been urged to follow Cristiano Ronaldo`s example and broaden his skills under his side`s boss Jose Mourinho in order to force his way back into the side.
The Spain midfielder, voted Player of the Year in the last two seasons has been used sparingly by Mourinho, although assistant Chelsea manager Steve Holland thinks that Mata is capable of altering his game to fit into Mourinho`s plans.
However, Sport24 reports that Holland urged Mata to follow the example of Ronaldo, who has evolved as an individual in his three-year period working with Mourinho, adding that Ronaldo has become has become a top-level match winner who wants to make runs in behind and to threaten the goal along with being a talented dribbler.
According to Holland, Mourinho is always pushing the players to the maximum every day, which is evident in the individuals and the clubs he had worked with, adding that Napoli`s Goran Pandev, Internazionale`s Diego Militio and Chelsea player Samuel Eto`o are some of the prime examples of Mourinho`s tactics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II