Julio Cesar and Cambiasso set to miss Tottenham clash
Inter Milan goalkeeper Julio Cesar and midfielder Esteban Cambiasso are highly likely to miss Tuesday`s Champions League Group A match at Tottenham Hotspur after scans showed both had suffered thigh strains.
"Already tomorrow they will begin a course of physiotherapy," an Inter statement said on Saturday without saying when they might return.
The pair were substituted during Friday`s 1-0 Serie A win at Genoa and were replaced by former Sampdoria keeper Luca Castellazzi and goalscorer Sulley Muntari, who are both set to deputise again at White Hart Lane.
The European champions have had a string of muscle injuries this term with pundits questioning whether Rafael Benitez`s training regime is to blame after the squad had a relatively clean bill of health under ex-coach Jose Mourinho last season.
Strikers Diego Milito and Goran Pandev were only fit enough for the bench in Genoa and are not certain to start at Tottenham while several other first teamers are carrying niggles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs