Julio Cesar and Cambiasso set to miss Tottenham clash
Inter Milan goalkeeper Julio Cesar and midfielder Esteban Cambiasso are highly likely to miss Tuesday`s Champions League Group A match at Tottenham Hotspur after scans showed both had suffered thigh strains.
"Already tomorrow they will begin a course of physiotherapy," an Inter statement said on Saturday without saying when they might return.
The pair were substituted during Friday`s 1-0 Serie A win at Genoa and were replaced by former Sampdoria keeper Luca Castellazzi and goalscorer Sulley Muntari, who are both set to deputise again at White Hart Lane.
The European champions have had a string of muscle injuries this term with pundits questioning whether Rafael Benitez`s training regime is to blame after the squad had a relatively clean bill of health under ex-coach Jose Mourinho last season.
Strikers Diego Milito and Goran Pandev were only fit enough for the bench in Genoa and are not certain to start at Tottenham while several other first teamers are carrying niggles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites