Juninho joins New York Red Bulls
Rio de Janeiro: Former Vasco da Gama and Brazil midfielder Juninho Pernambucano has joined MLS side New York Red Bulls for the 2013 season.
After signing a one year contract, Juninho reiterated his desire to end his career in Rio with Vasco, probably in 2014, reports Xinhua.
Red Bulls sporting director Andy Roxburgh did not hide his delight at the club`s latest acquisition.
"Juninho is a world class player whom I and our global director Gerard Houllier have known and admired for many years. As well as being a dead-ball specialist, Juninho is a fantastic professional both on and off the field," he said.
Juninho previously crossed paths with Houllier at French club Lyons where the Brazilian playmaker spent seven years of his distinguished career. Whilst in France, the 38-year-old won seven successive league titles and garnered a reputation as the best free-kick taker on the planet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees