Juninho to play on at Vasco da Gama
Rio de Janeiro: Former Lyon and Brazil international midfielder Juninho has signed a five-month contract extension with Vasco da Gama.
Juninho, 39 this month, had been expected to retire following a hamstring injury that prematurely ended his 2013 season, reports Xinhua.
But Vasco`s football director Rodrigo Caetano said the veteran had recovered impressively.
"The results of the (medical) exams couldn`t be better," Caetano said Thursday.
"Everybody knows of Juninho`s professionalism and he is recovering very well."
Juninho has so far only committed to playing the Rio de Janeiro state championship but could still join the club`s league campaign starting in June.
"The contract expires May 30 and then we will sit down and talk again," Caetano said.
Vasco will play their first match of 2014 against Boavista Jan 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician