Jurgen Klopp refusing to rest players ahead of Champions League final
Munich: Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp says he will not be resting his key players ahead of the Champions League final on May 25.
With Bayern Munich already crowned Bundesliga champions and BVB assured of a second-placed finish, there would appear to be little to play for in the final two league games of the season.
But with Dortmund`s date at Wembley lingering on the horizon, Klopp is determined to ensure his players are in tip-top condition going into that game.
"We have 65 points in the league so far and we will finish in second," he told a press conference.
"If we did not have such an important game at the end of the season our training regime would be different."
"This way round, it means training as normal. This is important and the training is based on the demands of that final game."
Klopp also admitted his shock at claims made by Schalke president Clemens Toennies, who compared Dortmund`s chase for Julian Draxler with Bayern`s approach for BVB star Mario Gotze.
"I do not why Toennies has taken Bayern`s position again in saying that we are doing the same thing and that we are not any better," he continued.
"Whoever informed him we are secretly negotiating with Draxler told him a lie."
"The fact that we are looking for players goes without saying but there will be no announcements until we sign someone."
"Now, go make a story out of this; Klopp is unclear about things, Draxler has not arrived and we have signed Son (Hamburg`s Son Heuing Min) and I am the new manager of Manchester United."
"Oh wait, that is not possible."
Dortmund travel to Wolfsburg on Saturday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation