Jurgen Klopp refusing to rest players ahead of Champions League final
Munich: Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp says he will not be resting his key players ahead of the Champions League final on May 25.
With Bayern Munich already crowned Bundesliga champions and BVB assured of a second-placed finish, there would appear to be little to play for in the final two league games of the season.
But with Dortmund`s date at Wembley lingering on the horizon, Klopp is determined to ensure his players are in tip-top condition going into that game.
"We have 65 points in the league so far and we will finish in second," he told a press conference.
"If we did not have such an important game at the end of the season our training regime would be different."
"This way round, it means training as normal. This is important and the training is based on the demands of that final game."
Klopp also admitted his shock at claims made by Schalke president Clemens Toennies, who compared Dortmund`s chase for Julian Draxler with Bayern`s approach for BVB star Mario Gotze.
"I do not why Toennies has taken Bayern`s position again in saying that we are doing the same thing and that we are not any better," he continued.
"Whoever informed him we are secretly negotiating with Draxler told him a lie."
"The fact that we are looking for players goes without saying but there will be no announcements until we sign someone."
"Now, go make a story out of this; Klopp is unclear about things, Draxler has not arrived and we have signed Son (Hamburg`s Son Heuing Min) and I am the new manager of Manchester United."
"Oh wait, that is not possible."
Dortmund travel to Wolfsburg on Saturday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore