Juve rally to beat Genoa 3-1 to extend perfect start
Rome: Defending champions Juventus rallied to beat hosts Genoa 3-1 and extended their perfect start to the Italian Serie A new football season.
Ciro Immobile put Genoa ahead in the 18th minute and then squandered some chances to double their lead before Emanuele Giaccherini brought the Bianconeri level after an hour, reports Xinhua.
Juventus then proved unstoppable as Mirko Vucinic and Kwadwo Asamoah added a second and a third to make it three wins out of three for the Old Lady of Turin.
"We suffered in the first half and knew Marassi would be a tough place to play," said Juventus stand-in coach Massimo Carrera.
"Genoa started very strong and caught us unprepared on the counter a couple of times. We then did well to start controlling the tempo and spreading the play.
"Gigi Buffon performed some miraculous saves to keep us in the game, then the rest of his teammates turned it around," he said.
Meanwhile, Inter Milan beat Torino 2-0 to pick up their second away win of the season.
Diego Milito put the Nerazzurri in front before the interval and they fended off a spell of pressure from the home side.
Cassano added the second in the last 10 minutes. The win lifts Inter into the top five, giving Torino its first defeat this season.
Lazio maintained their 100 percent winning start to the Serie A season after a comfortable 3-1 victory against Chievo at the Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi.
Napoli also maintained a perfect start with a 3-1 win over Parma at the Stadio San Paolo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Three charred to death as bus catches fire in Karnataka
- US avoiding 'confrontation' in sea row: John Kerry
- Iran announces May 19 presidential election
- Sahara group gets $1.3 billion offer from new suitor for its 3 overseas hotels
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!