Juve seize top spot after Milan suffer defeat
Rome: AC Milan risked surrendering top spot in Serie A on Saturday after a late goal by substitute Amauri condemned the champions to a 2-1 home defeat by lowly Fiorentina.
Juventus play at Palermo at 1630 GMT and a win will send the Turin side top by a point with seven games left after Milan fell apart having gone ahead through Zlatan Ibrahimovic`s 31st minute penalty.
Milan, who drew at Catania last weekend and were eliminated from the Champions League by Barcelona in midweek, were pegged back by Stevan Jovetic`s goal on the counter attack and a Philippe Mexes mistake allowed Amauri to net the winner.
Sixth-placed AS Roma suffered a major blow in the race for third and a Champions League qualifying round berth when they lost 4-2 at third-bottom Lecce where Luis Muriel and David Di Michele scored twice.
Udinese moved joint-third with Lazio, who host rivals Napoli at 1900 GMT, after a 3-1 home win over Parma while Inter Milan`s outside hopes of third were hit by a 2-2 draw against Cagliari in Andrea Stramaccioni`s second game in charge.
Bottom side Cesena were held 0-0 by local rivals Bologna to all but ended their chances of survival while second-bottom Novara drew 1-1 with Genoa. European hopefuls Catania lost 3-2 at Chievo while Siena won 2-1 at Atalanta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog