Juventus and Fiorentina battle for Rossi signature
London: The Italy international has been linked with a return to Serie A, with La Viola willing to pay €4.5 million for a permanent deal, while the Old Lady are interested in a loan.
Juventus and Fiorentina are ready to do battle for the signature of Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi.
It is believed the reigning Serie A champions are interested in striking a 12-month loan deal for the player, running from January this year to January 2014, while Viola hope to seal a permanent €4.5 million transfer.
The news comes after Athletic Bilbao confirmed the Bianconeri have opened talks with Fernando Llorente over a summer transfer, but it is clear they still wish to bolster their offensive options in the winter window.
Rossi was linked with some of Europe`s biggest clubs last season prior to injuring the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in April.
His misery was compounded when El Submarino were relegated to the Segunda Division, but that has not stopped the two clubs in his homeland from registering their interest.
The 25-year-old began his career as a youth prospect at Parma, before being snapped up by Manchester United in 2005; he then moved on to Spain two years later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now