Juventus beat Bologna thanks to last-gasp goal
Rome: Juventus stretched their unbeaten streak in the Italian Serie A to 49 matches after they beat Bologna 2-1, thanks to a last-gasp goal from Paul Pogba.
Fabio Quagliarella gave the hosts a 1-0 lead just nine minutes after the restart, and Bologna equalized in the 71st minute when Saphir Sliti Taider slotted his shot past a helpless Gianluigi Buffon.
With time running out, Paul Pogba won a free kick on the right side and headed in Sebastian Giovinco`s cross to seal the three points for Juventus.
The defending champions` assistant manager Angelo Alessio was glad of the victory over Bologna, but still gave hero Paul Pogba a telling off for being "lazy".
"Pogba did very well with the goal, but he still needs to improve," noted Alessio. "He played an excellent opening 20 minutes, then became a little lazy and that is unacceptable.
"All games should be approached with the same level of determination, even more so against the smaller clubs," he said.
Inter Milan moved into second place with a 3-2 win over Sampdoria, and maintain the pressure on Juventus.
Sampdoria took a 1-0 lead into half time after a 20th minute goal from Gianni Munari. But momentum swung Inter`s way when Sampdoria defender Andrea Costa was sent off for bringing down Diego Milito in the penalty area.
Milito converted from the spot before goals to Rodrigo Palacio and Fredy Guarin gave Inter a 3-1 lead. Citadin Eder scored a consolation goal in stoppage time for Sampdoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes