Juventus can overcome Bayern: Lippi
Marcello Lippi believes that Juventus have what it takes to overcome their first-leg defeat against Bayern Munich and make it to the semi-finals of the Champions League.
The Bundesliga champions impressed at the Allianz Arena last week as they beat Juventus 2-0 courtesy of goals from David Alaba and Thomas Muller.
Nevertheless, Lippi has stressed that the quarter-final tie is not over yet and believes an early goal on Wednesday could lead Juve the way.
"I saw a great Bayern Munich last week. They were balanced, very complete and devastating at times. I have always said that they are a European superpower on the same level as Barcelona and Real Madrid," Lippi told Tuttosport.
"However, we did not see the real Juventus in Munich. On Wednesday they will have to prove that they can compete with Bayern.
"If Juventus can score an early goal, the tie can go either way. As long as Juventus give their all and play to their full potential, a comeback is possible."
Juventus last made it to the semi-final stage of the Champions League in 2002-03 but they were eventually beaten by AC Milan in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself