Juventus can overcome Bayern: Lippi
Marcello Lippi believes that Juventus have what it takes to overcome their first-leg defeat against Bayern Munich and make it to the semi-finals of the Champions League.
The Bundesliga champions impressed at the Allianz Arena last week as they beat Juventus 2-0 courtesy of goals from David Alaba and Thomas Muller.
Nevertheless, Lippi has stressed that the quarter-final tie is not over yet and believes an early goal on Wednesday could lead Juve the way.
"I saw a great Bayern Munich last week. They were balanced, very complete and devastating at times. I have always said that they are a European superpower on the same level as Barcelona and Real Madrid," Lippi told Tuttosport.
"However, we did not see the real Juventus in Munich. On Wednesday they will have to prove that they can compete with Bayern.
"If Juventus can score an early goal, the tie can go either way. As long as Juventus give their all and play to their full potential, a comeback is possible."
Juventus last made it to the semi-final stage of the Champions League in 2002-03 but they were eventually beaten by AC Milan in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded