Juventus close in on Destro
Italy : Juventus are closing in on a deal for Genoa-owned striker Mattia Destro. The 21-year-old`s future has been a hot topic of debate in recent weeks after he netted 12 goals in Serie A this season while on loan at Siena.
The Tuscan club are entitled to purchase 50 per cent of the striker`s economic rights as part of the loan deal, but it is believed that they will not exercise the option due to their current financial problems.
And Juventus, who have been locked in talks with Genoa in recent weeks, are believed to be willing to sign Destro on a co-ownership deal in a bid to convince the Rossoblu to let go of the talented forward.
The Serie A champions have reached an agreement with Destro`s agent, with the player understood to be relishing the prospect of a move to Turin.
Roma, who recently appointed Zdenek Zeman as their new coach, have spoken to Genoa about the possibility of landing Destro, only to find out that Juve are leading the race for the player.
Destro, who spent his youth career at Inter, did not make the cut for Italy`s 23-man roster for Euro 2012 after featuring in coach Cesare Prandelli`s provisional squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive