Juventus close in on Destro
Italy : Juventus are closing in on a deal for Genoa-owned striker Mattia Destro. The 21-year-old`s future has been a hot topic of debate in recent weeks after he netted 12 goals in Serie A this season while on loan at Siena.
The Tuscan club are entitled to purchase 50 per cent of the striker`s economic rights as part of the loan deal, but it is believed that they will not exercise the option due to their current financial problems.
And Juventus, who have been locked in talks with Genoa in recent weeks, are believed to be willing to sign Destro on a co-ownership deal in a bid to convince the Rossoblu to let go of the talented forward.
The Serie A champions have reached an agreement with Destro`s agent, with the player understood to be relishing the prospect of a move to Turin.
Roma, who recently appointed Zdenek Zeman as their new coach, have spoken to Genoa about the possibility of landing Destro, only to find out that Juve are leading the race for the player.
Destro, who spent his youth career at Inter, did not make the cut for Italy`s 23-man roster for Euro 2012 after featuring in coach Cesare Prandelli`s provisional squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva