Juventus coach dumped into ice bath to celebrate
Rome: Juventus head coach Antonio Conte said he had been dumped into an ice bath as his side celebrated their triumph of retaining the Serie A title following a 1-0 win over Palermo.
The `Old Lady` beat Palermo 1-0 at home Sunday thanks to a penalty converted by Arturo Vidal in the 59th minute.
The squad will go in an open-top bus around the city but the celebrations had already begun in the locker room with Conte dumped into an ice bath wearing only his underwear.
"I was getting ready to have a shower and was violently kidnapped by my players. They could either throw me in the bath with hot water or the one with cold but as soon as I saw their approach it was clear which one they had chosen," said Conte.
He thanked his players, calling them "extraordinary".
"We are very happy and satisfied. The credit goes to these extraordinary lads who went through a tough and tiring season but were always on point. I am proud of them as it was not easy to win this year despite being favourites as we knew the Champions League would take a lot of energy out of us," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Love is blind, like literally! Riteish Deshmukh's 'Housefull 3' proves it - Pic Inside
- Dance with the devil: What Manchester United under Jose Mourinho might be like
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Meet Facebook's North Korean cousin!
- African nationals targetted: Delhi Police rule out hate crime angle, say 'attacks were not racial in nature'