Juventus confirm Tevez talks
Rome: Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta confirmed that the Italian Serie A champions are in contact with Carlos Tevez in an attempt to sign the Argentine striker.
Marotta said Juventus could have some meetings with Tevez`s team.
‘It is clear that at this stage of the season agents step forward and I will not rule out a meeting in that sense. We could reach an agreement with them, but then we`d have to strike a deal with his club too.’
‘He wants to make up for lost time, as his years at Manchester City were not the best. We have not made any approach towards the English club,’ he said.
Marotta dropped hints that Juventus could sign Tevez ahead of Real Madrid forward Gonzalo Higuain.
‘Higuain is younger and is therefore worth more on the transfer market. Tevez is certainly an easier negotiation process, as his contract expires next summer,’ he said.
‘We are trying to strengthen the attack for next season, so that is our primary objective. We`re after players who suit our manager`s style of play,’ he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves