Juventus not chasing Drogba
Rome: Juventus chief executive Beppe Marotta has dismissed reports that the Serie A football giants have signed a deal with former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.
Local media reported that a deal between the Bianconeri and the former Chelsea man were done, but Marotta confirmed that those stories were fabricated, reports Xinhua.
"Drogba? No, we haven`t made any contact," he told Sky Sport Italia. "He would not be available anyway because of the African Cup of Nations.
"I don`t know how people haven`t realised this. Lucio has recently left the club and Giorgio Chiellini is injured, so we will be searching for a player to fill the central defender role," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you