Juventus not ready to win Champions League: Pirlo
Juventus: Andrea Pirlo believes that Juventus are not yet ready to win the Champions League this term as he feels other teams have more quality than the Serie A champions.
Juve impressed in the first leg of their round of 16 tie against Celtic as they cruised to a comfortable 3-0 away win, yet Pirlo has insisted that they cannot be seen as favourites to win the competition.
"The Champions League? I don`t think that we are ready to win it yet. Even though we`re there now and will do our utmost. There are stronger teams than Juventus still in the competition," Pirlo told La Repubblica.
The midfielder then went on to praise Antonio Conte, and hopes that the successful coach will stay at Juventus Stadium.
"Conte is a great coach, but he will have to learn the language first if he moves abroad because communication is very important for him.
"I believe that Juventus is the best place for him, but he could work anywhere."
Pirlo also had his say on the Scudetto race, and insisted that the match against Napoli at the weekend will not be decisive.
"It will definitely be a very important match, but it will not be decisive. We are all calm and relaxed ahead of the match."
Juventus currently lead Serie A with 58 points from 26 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered