Juventus stay second after Parma draw
Juventus missed the chance to return to the top of Serie A when they were held to a 0-0 draw at mid-table Parma on Wednesday.
Juventus, disappointed not to be awarded a penalty when Andrea Pirlo went down under the challenge of Fabiano Santacroce in stoppage time, stayed second in the table, one point behind AC Milan but with a game in hand.
"We dictated the game and it`s a shame not to win an encounter we`ve dominated in such a way," Juventus manager Antonio Conte told reporters.
"We created many different goalscoring opportunities and we should have put the ball in the back of the net, but I must say that also today there were several incidents to be reviewed.
"It seems that there`s almost fear to award Juventus a penalty.
"We`ve only had one in our favour, less than everyone. And on average we spend 75 minutes in the opponents` half and we often get into their penalty area. It`s a situation that rankles, an alarming statistic. From Siena and Parma, for the single incidents, instead of two points, we would have had six."
Juventus were denied by an impressive display from Parma keeper Nicola Pavarini who made a series of good saves.
The keeper superbly turned a long-range effort from Pirlo around the post with 10 minutes remaining and saved from Emanuele Giaccherini from close range.
Guido Marilungo scored the only goal of the game as Atlanta Bergamo moved up to 14th with a 1-0 win over Genoa.
The forward struck in the 78th minute with a precise finish low into the bottom corner after a neat interchange with German Denis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption