Juventus to bid for Robben
Rome: Juventus are preparing an offer worth 18 million euro for Bayern Munich and Dutch winger Arjen Robben.
According to a Rome-based newspaper, Robben has always been a favourite of the Juventus head coach Antonio Conte, who was even more impressed after the Champions League quarter-final that saw Bayern beat Juve 4-0 on aggregate.
A move for the 29-year-old is looking more plausible now that Bayern Munich have announced the capture of Borussia Dortmund playmaker Mario Gotze.
The Corriere dello Sport claims the Germans would be willing to release the Dutch international for around 18 million euro.
Robben would fit the bill of `top player` that Juventus are looking for and provide more width for tactical experimentation.
Bayern Munich are practically in the Champions League final after thrashing Barcelona 4-0 in the first leg of their semifinal on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing