Juventus to confirm four-year deal for Llorente
Turin: Juventus will confirm the signing of Fernando Llorente on Thursday, with the announcement of the free transfer concluding their patient pursuit of Athletic Bilbao`s most coveted player.
The 27-year-old has been frozen out of the picture at the Basque club after rejecting a new contract that would have seen his salary rise to €4.8 million a year.
Llorente will earn less at Juventus, €4.5 million per season, but had his heart set on Italy and has now agreed a four-year contract.
The Serie A holders attempted to sign Llorente in the summer but baulked at the €36 million buy-out clause written into the player`s contract.
Llorente has been free to speak to overseas clubs about a summer transfer since January 1.
The deal was to be announced by the Turin club on Wednesday, but was held back so as not to overshadow the new two-year contract extension agreed by captain Gianluigi Buffon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video