Juventus were lucky, says Conte
Rome: Juventus head coach Antonio Conte conceded that his side were lucky to win 2-1 against Chievo in an Italian Serie A match.
The defending champions would have gone 1-2 down had Alberto Paloschi not been wrongly ruled offside and his goal disallowed Wednesday.
Conte warned not to exaggerate the mistake made by the linesman while conceding his side was lucky.
"Chievo`s sense of fair play is impressive and everyone should follow their example. We were lucky today, because the situation went our way," he said.
"Having said that, I hope the media won`t go over this incident again and again while ignoring decisions that go against Juventus, such as the penalty on Carlos Tevez with Lazio. We want to help the referees, whereas the media want to cause controversy," he said.
"Up until that moment the match was in our hands with Gigi Buffon acting as a spectator. We did well to press the reset button at half-time and turn it around after the break," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today