Juventus were lucky, says Conte
Rome: Juventus head coach Antonio Conte conceded that his side were lucky to win 2-1 against Chievo in an Italian Serie A match.
The defending champions would have gone 1-2 down had Alberto Paloschi not been wrongly ruled offside and his goal disallowed Wednesday.
Conte warned not to exaggerate the mistake made by the linesman while conceding his side was lucky.
"Chievo`s sense of fair play is impressive and everyone should follow their example. We were lucky today, because the situation went our way," he said.
"Having said that, I hope the media won`t go over this incident again and again while ignoring decisions that go against Juventus, such as the penalty on Carlos Tevez with Lazio. We want to help the referees, whereas the media want to cause controversy," he said.
"Up until that moment the match was in our hands with Gigi Buffon acting as a spectator. We did well to press the reset button at half-time and turn it around after the break," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price