Kaiser Chiefs want `Coming Home` to be England`s unofficial world cup anthem
London: Kaiser Chiefs have revealed that they want their track ` Coming Home` to be England`s unofficial world cup anthem for the 2014 competition in Brazil.
The Football Association have selected Gary Barlow`s `Greatest Day` - featuring former Spice Girl Mel C, Pixie Lott, Katy B and Gary Lineker - as the official 2014 song ahead of the competition in Brazil in June, but Kaiser Chiefs are hoping fans will be playing their track.
Bassist Simon Rix told The Sun that their track will be hopefully played when England are carrying the World Cup on the plane back home.
Frontman Ricky Wilson revealed that the band were asked to write a World Cup song in 2006 but turned the opportunity down, which he admitted was a mistake
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?