Kaiser Chiefs want `Coming Home` to be England`s unofficial world cup anthem
London: Kaiser Chiefs have revealed that they want their track ` Coming Home` to be England`s unofficial world cup anthem for the 2014 competition in Brazil.
The Football Association have selected Gary Barlow`s `Greatest Day` - featuring former Spice Girl Mel C, Pixie Lott, Katy B and Gary Lineker - as the official 2014 song ahead of the competition in Brazil in June, but Kaiser Chiefs are hoping fans will be playing their track.
Bassist Simon Rix told The Sun that their track will be hopefully played when England are carrying the World Cup on the plane back home.
Frontman Ricky Wilson revealed that the band were asked to write a World Cup song in 2006 but turned the opportunity down, which he admitted was a mistake
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital