Kaiser Chiefs want `Coming Home` to be England`s unofficial world cup anthem
London: Kaiser Chiefs have revealed that they want their track ` Coming Home` to be England`s unofficial world cup anthem for the 2014 competition in Brazil.
The Football Association have selected Gary Barlow`s `Greatest Day` - featuring former Spice Girl Mel C, Pixie Lott, Katy B and Gary Lineker - as the official 2014 song ahead of the competition in Brazil in June, but Kaiser Chiefs are hoping fans will be playing their track.
Bassist Simon Rix told The Sun that their track will be hopefully played when England are carrying the World Cup on the plane back home.
Frontman Ricky Wilson revealed that the band were asked to write a World Cup song in 2006 but turned the opportunity down, which he admitted was a mistake
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers