Kaka adds to Milan injury woes, and suspends pay
Madrid: Brazilian forward Kaka has added to AC Milan`s injury woes after being sidelined with an adductor muscle injury, the Serie A club confirmed on Monday.
Kaka, expected to be out for at least two weeks, will now be unavailable for the Rossoneri when they host Celtic in their opening Champions League Group game at the San Siro on Wednesday.
Milan are already without forward Stephan El-Shaarawy, defenders Ignazio Abate and Mattia De Sciglio and midfielder Riccardo Montolivo, all of whom have picked up injuries in recent weeks.
Kaka joined Milan on a free transfer from Real Madrid two weeks ago, having enjoyed huge success with the Italian giants in a six-year spell from 2003-2009.
Despite being included in Massimiliano Allegri`s Champions League squad, he will play no part on Wednesday after picking up the injury during a 70-minute spell against Torino on Saturday when Milan scraped a 2-2 draw.
"Muscle damage on the left adductor," said a brief statement from Milan.
"In 10 days the player will undergo further tests to better determine a full prognosis."
Kaka will miss next weekend`s Serie A clash against Napoli, Milan`s second group game away to Ajax in two weeks time and could also miss the league visit to Juventus on October 6.
The 31-year-old former Ballon d`Or winner, meanwhile, said he won`t accept any salary while he is sidelined.
"I`ve decided to go without pay for the time that I am injured," Kaka said in a video on the club`s website www.acmilan.it.
"All I want from Milan is their support so I can heal as quickly as possible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah