Kaka completes AC Milan return
Rome: Brazilian midfielder Kaka has completed a return to AC Milan on a two-year contract after the Serie A side agreed a deal with Real Madrid, the Italian club confirmed on Monday.
"Done deal", Milan`s managing director Adriano Galliani announced on the club`s website, with Milan adding that discussions ran until "between 0230 and 0300 CET in the morning (on Monday)".
According to the Italian press, Real allowed the 31-year-old to return to his former club on a free transfer, having paid 65 million euros to bring Kaka to Madrid in 2009.
The Brazilian was also said to have taken a significant pay cut to facilitate his move to the San Siro, accepting an annual salary of four million euros plus bonuses, a considerable reduction from the 10 million euros a year he received in Madrid.
"I`m going home!", the player told journalists at a Madrid airport before boarding a flight to Milan, where he is expected to land shortly after Monday lunchtime.
"I`m very happy, the talks took a long time. I want to thank the fans and my teammates for their support," added Kaka.
Kaka`s first spell at the Rossoneri, from 2003 to 2009, coincided with his rise to prominence that culminated in him winning the 2007 Ballon d`Or after leading Milan to the Champions League title that year.
Kaka, who has scored 29 goals in 87 appearances for his country, last week made a public plea to be able to leave the Spanish giants as he looks towards cementing a place in the Brazilian national side ahead of next year`s World Cup.
Coach Massimiliano Allegri on Friday praised the Brazilian`s attributes and said he had "faith" a deal could be struck for Kaka.
"Kaka would strengthen us. He`s versatile, and his technical attributes would be a big plus to the team," said Allegri.
"We still have two and a half days till the end of the transfer window and the club is working on it. I have faith."
Milan`s push to bolster their squad before Monday`s transfer deadline comes days after they qualified for the group stages of the Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH