Kaka recalled to Brazil squad
Rio de Janeiro: Real Madrid playmaker Kaka is set to make his first international appearance after being recalled to the Brazil squad.
Kaka was named by coach Mano Menezes Thursday in a 23-man squad for Brazil`s friendlies against Iraq in Malmo, Sweden, Oct 11 and Japan in Wroclaw, Poland, five days later, as reported by a news agency.
The 2007 FIFA world player of the year has not represented Brazil since the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
He was included in the national squad for friendlies against Gabon and Egypt in October 2011 but was forced to withdraw because of injury.
"It`s important to have players with the trajectory that Kaka has had in our team," Menezes said in Rio Thursday.
"In terms of his training, dedication and the level he is showing, we believe he will be able to perform well for Brazil when given the chance."
Kaka`s selection comes despite the fact he is yet to play a competitive match for Real Madrid this season.
He showed glimpses of his best form Wednesday with a hat-trick in Real`s 8-0 win in their unofficial match against Colombia`s Millonarios at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Menezes says the performance showed the 30-year-old could reinvent himself as a striker, leaving room for him to play in the same team as Chelsea playmaker Oscar.
"Players like Kaka, who have gone through periods like he has, begin to reinvent themselves," Menezes said.
"Kaka has been training in a more advanced role according to my information. It`s not the same function that Oscar now has."
Following is the Brazil squad:
Goalkeepers: Diego Alves (Sevilla), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Atletico-MG).
Defenders: David Luiz (Chelsea), Dede (Vasco), Leandro Castan ( Roma),Thiago Silva (PSG), Adriano (Barcelona), Alex Sandro (Porto), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid).
Midfielders: Fernando (Gremio), Giuliano (Dnipro), Kaka (Real Madrid),Lucas (Sao Paulo), Oscar (Chelsea), Paulinho (Corinthians), Ramires(Chelsea), Sandro (Tottenham), Thiago Neves (Fluminense).
Strikers: Hulk (Zenit), Leandro Damiao (Inter), Neymar(Santos).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?