Kaka recalled to Brazil squad
Rio de Janeiro: Real Madrid playmaker Kaka is set to make his first international appearance after being recalled to the Brazil squad.
Kaka was named by coach Mano Menezes Thursday in a 23-man squad for Brazil`s friendlies against Iraq in Malmo, Sweden, Oct 11 and Japan in Wroclaw, Poland, five days later, as reported by a news agency.
The 2007 FIFA world player of the year has not represented Brazil since the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
He was included in the national squad for friendlies against Gabon and Egypt in October 2011 but was forced to withdraw because of injury.
"It`s important to have players with the trajectory that Kaka has had in our team," Menezes said in Rio Thursday.
"In terms of his training, dedication and the level he is showing, we believe he will be able to perform well for Brazil when given the chance."
Kaka`s selection comes despite the fact he is yet to play a competitive match for Real Madrid this season.
He showed glimpses of his best form Wednesday with a hat-trick in Real`s 8-0 win in their unofficial match against Colombia`s Millonarios at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Menezes says the performance showed the 30-year-old could reinvent himself as a striker, leaving room for him to play in the same team as Chelsea playmaker Oscar.
"Players like Kaka, who have gone through periods like he has, begin to reinvent themselves," Menezes said.
"Kaka has been training in a more advanced role according to my information. It`s not the same function that Oscar now has."
Following is the Brazil squad:
Goalkeepers: Diego Alves (Sevilla), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Atletico-MG).
Defenders: David Luiz (Chelsea), Dede (Vasco), Leandro Castan ( Roma),Thiago Silva (PSG), Adriano (Barcelona), Alex Sandro (Porto), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid).
Midfielders: Fernando (Gremio), Giuliano (Dnipro), Kaka (Real Madrid),Lucas (Sao Paulo), Oscar (Chelsea), Paulinho (Corinthians), Ramires(Chelsea), Sandro (Tottenham), Thiago Neves (Fluminense).
Strikers: Hulk (Zenit), Leandro Damiao (Inter), Neymar(Santos).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!