Kaka recalled to Brazil squad
Rio de Janeiro: Real Madrid playmaker Kaka is set to make his first international appearance after being recalled to the Brazil squad.
Kaka was named by coach Mano Menezes Thursday in a 23-man squad for Brazil`s friendlies against Iraq in Malmo, Sweden, Oct 11 and Japan in Wroclaw, Poland, five days later, as reported by a news agency.
The 2007 FIFA world player of the year has not represented Brazil since the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
He was included in the national squad for friendlies against Gabon and Egypt in October 2011 but was forced to withdraw because of injury.
"It`s important to have players with the trajectory that Kaka has had in our team," Menezes said in Rio Thursday.
"In terms of his training, dedication and the level he is showing, we believe he will be able to perform well for Brazil when given the chance."
Kaka`s selection comes despite the fact he is yet to play a competitive match for Real Madrid this season.
He showed glimpses of his best form Wednesday with a hat-trick in Real`s 8-0 win in their unofficial match against Colombia`s Millonarios at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Menezes says the performance showed the 30-year-old could reinvent himself as a striker, leaving room for him to play in the same team as Chelsea playmaker Oscar.
"Players like Kaka, who have gone through periods like he has, begin to reinvent themselves," Menezes said.
"Kaka has been training in a more advanced role according to my information. It`s not the same function that Oscar now has."
Following is the Brazil squad:
Goalkeepers: Diego Alves (Sevilla), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Atletico-MG).
Defenders: David Luiz (Chelsea), Dede (Vasco), Leandro Castan ( Roma),Thiago Silva (PSG), Adriano (Barcelona), Alex Sandro (Porto), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid).
Midfielders: Fernando (Gremio), Giuliano (Dnipro), Kaka (Real Madrid),Lucas (Sao Paulo), Oscar (Chelsea), Paulinho (Corinthians), Ramires(Chelsea), Sandro (Tottenham), Thiago Neves (Fluminense).
Strikers: Hulk (Zenit), Leandro Damiao (Inter), Neymar(Santos).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM