Kaka recalled to Brazil squad
Rio de Janeiro: Real Madrid playmaker Kaka is set to make his first international appearance after being recalled to the Brazil squad.
Kaka was named by coach Mano Menezes Thursday in a 23-man squad for Brazil`s friendlies against Iraq in Malmo, Sweden, Oct 11 and Japan in Wroclaw, Poland, five days later, as reported by a news agency.
The 2007 FIFA world player of the year has not represented Brazil since the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
He was included in the national squad for friendlies against Gabon and Egypt in October 2011 but was forced to withdraw because of injury.
"It`s important to have players with the trajectory that Kaka has had in our team," Menezes said in Rio Thursday.
"In terms of his training, dedication and the level he is showing, we believe he will be able to perform well for Brazil when given the chance."
Kaka`s selection comes despite the fact he is yet to play a competitive match for Real Madrid this season.
He showed glimpses of his best form Wednesday with a hat-trick in Real`s 8-0 win in their unofficial match against Colombia`s Millonarios at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Menezes says the performance showed the 30-year-old could reinvent himself as a striker, leaving room for him to play in the same team as Chelsea playmaker Oscar.
"Players like Kaka, who have gone through periods like he has, begin to reinvent themselves," Menezes said.
"Kaka has been training in a more advanced role according to my information. It`s not the same function that Oscar now has."
Following is the Brazil squad:
Goalkeepers: Diego Alves (Sevilla), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Atletico-MG).
Defenders: David Luiz (Chelsea), Dede (Vasco), Leandro Castan ( Roma),Thiago Silva (PSG), Adriano (Barcelona), Alex Sandro (Porto), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid).
Midfielders: Fernando (Gremio), Giuliano (Dnipro), Kaka (Real Madrid),Lucas (Sao Paulo), Oscar (Chelsea), Paulinho (Corinthians), Ramires(Chelsea), Sandro (Tottenham), Thiago Neves (Fluminense).
Strikers: Hulk (Zenit), Leandro Damiao (Inter), Neymar(Santos).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog