Kaka returns to Madrid as Ramos continues recovery schedule
Madrid: Kaka returned to training with Real Madrid on Wednesday after helping Brazil to victory over Argentina at the weekend, while Sergio Ramos took another step towards being declared fit.
The duo are both hoping to be able to be part of the squad to face Espanyol on Saturday in Cornella-El Prat as Los Merengues return to league action after the international break.
Brazil opted to allow Kaka to fly back to Spain, as he picked up a booking against Argentina and is suspended for the national team`s encounter with Chile.
After warming up with the players that were not called up for their countries, Kaka then trained to one side with fitness expert Carlos Lalin before heading to the gym for a workout.
Sergio Ramos could be given the green light to return to action this week as his recovery from tendinitis looks set to be completed before the weekend.
The Spain defender has suffered from the problem for over two months, but was able to join in training on Wednesday and enjoy a few touches of the ball.
Raul, Esteban Granero, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Royston Drenthe, Gonzalo Higuain, Ezequiel Garay, Christoph Metzelder, Guti and Marcelo all participated in the training session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren