Kaka returns to Madrid as Ramos continues recovery schedule
Madrid: Kaka returned to training with Real Madrid on Wednesday after helping Brazil to victory over Argentina at the weekend, while Sergio Ramos took another step towards being declared fit.
The duo are both hoping to be able to be part of the squad to face Espanyol on Saturday in Cornella-El Prat as Los Merengues return to league action after the international break.
Brazil opted to allow Kaka to fly back to Spain, as he picked up a booking against Argentina and is suspended for the national team`s encounter with Chile.
After warming up with the players that were not called up for their countries, Kaka then trained to one side with fitness expert Carlos Lalin before heading to the gym for a workout.
Sergio Ramos could be given the green light to return to action this week as his recovery from tendinitis looks set to be completed before the weekend.
The Spain defender has suffered from the problem for over two months, but was able to join in training on Wednesday and enjoy a few touches of the ball.
Raul, Esteban Granero, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Royston Drenthe, Gonzalo Higuain, Ezequiel Garay, Christoph Metzelder, Guti and Marcelo all participated in the training session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation