Kaka, Ronaldinho left out of Brazil squad for Confederations Cup
London: Former Ballon d`Or winners Kaka and Ronaldinho have both been left out of the Brazil squad for this summer`s Confederations Cup.
The Real Madrid midfielder and Atletico Mineiro attacker are among a long list of Luiz Felipe Scolari`s culled casualties. Corinthians striker Alexandre Pato, Sao Paulo playmaker Ganso and Manchester United full-back Rafael have also been omitted from the Selecao`s 23-strong squad for the tournament.
There is no room for Chelsea`s Ramires but Blues team-mates David Luiz and Oscar have been called upon, as has relegated QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar.
Bayern Munich duo Dante and Luiz Gustavo have both been summoned, while Neymar is the star attraction in a stellar attacking quintet that also features Leandro Damiao, Hulk, Lucas Moura and Fred.
Barcelona full-back Dani Alves has a place in Felipao`s squad despite being criticised this year for his form dropping, while Thiago Silva has secured a spot in the home tournament having ledc Paris Saint-Germain to success this season.
Tournament hosts Brazil have been drawn in the same group as Italy, Mexico and Japan and will kick-off the defence of their Confederations Cup crown against the latter of the trio on June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday