Kaka set for Sao Paulo return after 11 years
Rio de Janeiro: Kaka is set to make his long awaited return for Sao Paulo Sunday, 11 years after his last appearance for the Brazilian club.
The 32-year-old, who joined his former side on a six-month loan earlier this month, trained with Muricy Ramalho`s first-team squad Thursday.
According to news portal Globoesporte, the 2007 FIFA World Player of the Year is certain to start against Goias in Brazil`s Serie A championship.
Sao Paulo striker Alan Kardec described the prospect of playing alongside the former Real Madrid and AC Milan playmaker as a dream come true.
"He is an idol for all Brazilians for everything he has won, where he has played and the person that he is," Kardec told a press conference.
Kaka began his career at Sao Paulo and made 59 first-team appearances for the Tricolour before moving to AC Milan in August 2003.
After a four-year spell at Real Madrid, Kaka returned to AC Milan last year.
He left the San Siro by mutual consent in June and a month later signed with Orlando City, from where he has been loaned.
The attacker will officially join the new US Major League Soccer franchise in January.
Sao Paulo are currently sixth in Brazil`s league standings with 19 points from 11 matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam