Kaka vows to earn Brazil World Cup berth
Rio de Janeiro: Kaka has vowed to do ’everything he can’ to regain his place as a regular starter in Brazil`s national football team ahead of next year`s FIFA World Cup.
The 2007 FIFA world player of the year was absent from Brazil`s 1-2 loss to England at Wembley Stadium Feb 6 but has been recalled for friendlies against Italy Thursday and Russia four days later.
Thursday`s clash in Geneva will be the 30-year-old`s first match with the national team since Luiz Felipe Scolari was appointed Brazil coach for a second time following the sacking of Mano Menezes in November.
Kaka is the only player in Scolari`s current 23-man squad to have played under the 64-year-old during Brazil`s 2002 World Cup triumph in Japan and South Korea.
"It`s going to be great to go back and work with him," Kaka was quoted as saying. "I hope that we can work together all the way to the World Cup.
"Time is short and I am focused on doing everything I can to guarantee my spot."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Not just batsman but Virat Kohli is best sportsman in world, says this coach!
- Ranbir Kapoor's rumoured girlfriend Bharti Malhotra has finally SPOKEN the truth—Details inside!
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona edge out Sevilla in bad-tempered final
- No confirmation of Taliban chief’s death: Nawaz Sharif
- Launch of India's maiden space shuttle: 10 things you must know about ISRO's RLV-TD mission!