Kaka vows to earn Brazil World Cup berth
Rio de Janeiro: Kaka has vowed to do ’everything he can’ to regain his place as a regular starter in Brazil`s national football team ahead of next year`s FIFA World Cup.
The 2007 FIFA world player of the year was absent from Brazil`s 1-2 loss to England at Wembley Stadium Feb 6 but has been recalled for friendlies against Italy Thursday and Russia four days later.
Thursday`s clash in Geneva will be the 30-year-old`s first match with the national team since Luiz Felipe Scolari was appointed Brazil coach for a second time following the sacking of Mano Menezes in November.
Kaka is the only player in Scolari`s current 23-man squad to have played under the 64-year-old during Brazil`s 2002 World Cup triumph in Japan and South Korea.
"It`s going to be great to go back and work with him," Kaka was quoted as saying. "I hope that we can work together all the way to the World Cup.
"Time is short and I am focused on doing everything I can to guarantee my spot."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what