Kaka would not have been treated like this at Barcelona: Dani Alves
Barcelona: Barcelona defender Dani Alves recently has hit out at Real Madrid for their treatment of Kaka, claiming that his fellow Brazilian would be more valued at Camp Nou.
The former World Player of the Year has struggled to secure a starting role or even consistent playing time since joining Los Merengues in 2009, having struggled with injuries and inconsistency.
The 30-year-old was widely linked with a move back to AC Milan in the close season, and the former Sevilla man is adamant that his compatriot should have departed the Santiago Bernabeu.
"If I were Kaka, I would have left Real Madrid a long time ago," the right-back explained to Esporte Interactivo.
"Because in my life, I love playing football, and if you take away from me what I love, I lose my sense of life. I am sad because I admire Kaka and I would not like to live through what is happening to him.
"He made it to where very few have - the best in the world, and now he has no respect from their owners. I think he would not be going through this situation at Barcelona."
The 29-year-old then went on to voice his admiration for former coach Pep Guardiola, who left the Camp Nou dug-out for a sabbatical, having become exhausted.
"Guardiola is the best coach I`ve had, the most complete, someone that you learn something from everyday.
"That`s the difference with other coaches. He says: `trust me and we will win the game`. So I admire him because he is a coach that can convince you that his is the way to win."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes