Kaka's brother signs up with MLS club
The younger brother of Real Madrid and Brazil midfielder Kaka has signed a deal to play with Major League Soccer (MLS) outfit New York Red Bulls.
Rodrigo Izecson dos Santos Leite, known as Digao, agreed to a one-year contract after impressing coaching staff during a week-long trial, as reported by agencies.
"We want to continue evaluating him for the remainder of the season," Red Bulls sporting director Erik Soler said.
"He has earned a solid amount of experience from a number of European sides and we are glad to add him to our roster."
Among Digao`s new teammates is former Arsenal and France international forward Thierry Henry, who signed with the club in 2010.
Digao, a 194 cm central defender, has not played since being released by AC Milan in 2011.
He was loaned out to five different clubs during six years at San Siro, where he made just one Serie A appearance in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends