Kaka’s move to AC Milan breaks down
Rome: AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has announced that the club have broken off negotiations with Real Madrid over a move for Kaka.
The Brazilian confirmed last week that he would be willing to take a pay-cut to move back to San Siro, having left the Rossoneri for the Spanish capital in 2009.
Galliani soon confirmed that the club had entered talks with the Spanish champions over a move for the player, but has now said that financial problems have put paid to the deal.
"The negotiations for Kaka have broken down," he told reporters.
"It`s not possible to complete the deal for fiscal reasons."
"We had agreed on everything else, but the deal broke down about an hour ago."
It is understood that the potential move collapsed because Milan failed to persuade the Santiago Bernabeu outfit to consider a loan deal for Kaka`s services.
The 30-year-old has found form and first-team opportunities hard to come by at Madrid, and has only made seven Liga appearances this season, scoring in none of them.
His first spell at San Siro was between 2003 and 2009. During his time there, he won one Scudetto and one Champions League title.
The Milan CEO said in an interview on other players linked with the San Siro outfit, including Mario Balotelli and David Beckham.
A reporter - in possession of Panini stickers representing Kaka, Beckham and Balotelli - asked which player would be signed by the club before the end of the transfer window, to which Galliani said: "None of them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you