Kaka’s move to AC Milan breaks down
Rome: AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has announced that the club have broken off negotiations with Real Madrid over a move for Kaka.
The Brazilian confirmed last week that he would be willing to take a pay-cut to move back to San Siro, having left the Rossoneri for the Spanish capital in 2009.
Galliani soon confirmed that the club had entered talks with the Spanish champions over a move for the player, but has now said that financial problems have put paid to the deal.
"The negotiations for Kaka have broken down," he told reporters.
"It`s not possible to complete the deal for fiscal reasons."
"We had agreed on everything else, but the deal broke down about an hour ago."
It is understood that the potential move collapsed because Milan failed to persuade the Santiago Bernabeu outfit to consider a loan deal for Kaka`s services.
The 30-year-old has found form and first-team opportunities hard to come by at Madrid, and has only made seven Liga appearances this season, scoring in none of them.
His first spell at San Siro was between 2003 and 2009. During his time there, he won one Scudetto and one Champions League title.
The Milan CEO said in an interview on other players linked with the San Siro outfit, including Mario Balotelli and David Beckham.
A reporter - in possession of Panini stickers representing Kaka, Beckham and Balotelli - asked which player would be signed by the club before the end of the transfer window, to which Galliani said: "None of them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert