Kameni to sign for Malaga
Madrid: Cameroon international goalkeeper Carlos Kameni has reached an agreement to join Malaga on a two-and-half year deal, the club announced.
Kameni`s decision to agree a two and a half year contract with Malaga puts and end to a seven and a half year period he spent with Espanyol.
Kameni was a regular in the first team, but has not played this campaign after a falling out with team boss Mauricio Pochettino, the manager decided to opt for two young keepers from his B-team rather than use Kameni when first choice goalie Christian Alvarez was injured.
Kameni will now rival Willy Caballero for the goalkeeper`s spot at Malaga. Caballero has been in fine form since joining from Elche Club de Futbol last season, but received heavy criticism for his mistake that led to the goal that saw Malaga lose 1-0 at home to Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'