Kameni to sign for Malaga
Madrid: Cameroon international goalkeeper Carlos Kameni has reached an agreement to join Malaga on a two-and-half year deal, the club announced.
Kameni`s decision to agree a two and a half year contract with Malaga puts and end to a seven and a half year period he spent with Espanyol.
Kameni was a regular in the first team, but has not played this campaign after a falling out with team boss Mauricio Pochettino, the manager decided to opt for two young keepers from his B-team rather than use Kameni when first choice goalie Christian Alvarez was injured.
Kameni will now rival Willy Caballero for the goalkeeper`s spot at Malaga. Caballero has been in fine form since joining from Elche Club de Futbol last season, but received heavy criticism for his mistake that led to the goal that saw Malaga lose 1-0 at home to Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey Tuesday night.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?