Kameni to sign for Malaga
Madrid: Cameroon international goalkeeper Carlos Kameni has reached an agreement to join Malaga on a two-and-half year deal, the club announced.
Kameni`s decision to agree a two and a half year contract with Malaga puts and end to a seven and a half year period he spent with Espanyol.
Kameni was a regular in the first team, but has not played this campaign after a falling out with team boss Mauricio Pochettino, the manager decided to opt for two young keepers from his B-team rather than use Kameni when first choice goalie Christian Alvarez was injured.
Kameni will now rival Willy Caballero for the goalkeeper`s spot at Malaga. Caballero has been in fine form since joining from Elche Club de Futbol last season, but received heavy criticism for his mistake that led to the goal that saw Malaga lose 1-0 at home to Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire