Kanoute unlikely to be risked against Stuttgart
London: Injured Sevilla striker Frederic Kanoute is unlikely to be risked against visiting VfB Stuttgart in Wednesday`s Champions League Group G match, coach Manolo Jimenez said.
The Mali international has been out since Oct. 22 with a calf problem and Jimenez said the La Liga club had plenty of alternatives as they seek a fourth win out of four and reach the knockout round.
"The one with most difficulties is Kanoute, even though we know that if we told him to play he would," Jimenez said at a news conference.
"But that`s no good because ... if he pushes it he could be out for a month," he added. "We have some good players who can play in his position."
Sevilla have won nine of the 11 games they have contested in Europe`s top club competition, including the last four. They have also won their last 11 European home games and have not conceded a goal at home in five matches against German teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list