Keane back at former club Spurs pending possible loan
London: Ireland skipper Robbie Keane, now playing for Major League Soccer champions LA Galaxy, returned to his former club Tottenham Hotspur to train while reports linked him with a loan move to Aston Villa.
Keane, 31, who will lead Ireland in the Euro 2012 finals in Ukraine and Poland, is planning to train with Spurs during January to maintain his fitness during the MLS close-season.
Spurs confirmed the arrangement on their website but he could find himself playing for Aston Villa if the reported interest from manager Alex McLeish comes to fruition. McLeish came close to signing Keane last year when he was manager of Birmingham City and Keane was still at Spurs.
Keane`s temporary move back to England continues a trend with his Galaxy team mate Landon Donovan spending two months on loan at Everton and New York Red Bulls striker Thierry Henry about to re-join his former club Arsenal on loan for two months.
David Beckham, another LA Galaxy player, has also trained at Arsenal and Spurs during the MLS break over the last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof