Keane back at former club Spurs pending possible loan
London: Ireland skipper Robbie Keane, now playing for Major League Soccer champions LA Galaxy, returned to his former club Tottenham Hotspur to train while reports linked him with a loan move to Aston Villa.
Keane, 31, who will lead Ireland in the Euro 2012 finals in Ukraine and Poland, is planning to train with Spurs during January to maintain his fitness during the MLS close-season.
Spurs confirmed the arrangement on their website but he could find himself playing for Aston Villa if the reported interest from manager Alex McLeish comes to fruition. McLeish came close to signing Keane last year when he was manager of Birmingham City and Keane was still at Spurs.
Keane`s temporary move back to England continues a trend with his Galaxy team mate Landon Donovan spending two months on loan at Everton and New York Red Bulls striker Thierry Henry about to re-join his former club Arsenal on loan for two months.
David Beckham, another LA Galaxy player, has also trained at Arsenal and Spurs during the MLS break over the last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?