Keane fans flames in Kaka to LA Galaxy rumours
Los Angeles: Robbie Keane has fanned the flames linking Kaka with a move to LA Galaxy, as the MLS club begin their search for a big name to replace the outgoing David Beckham.
The Brazilian playmaker has struggled to find consistent first-team action at Real Madrid, and the MLS Cup finalists would offer a potential outlet should the Real Madrid star seek a transfer.
"If we want to - as a team and an organisation - to push on and be the best that we can, to attract players like Kaka would be brilliant," Robbie Keane has told reporters at a press conference.
Rumours continue to link the 30-year-old away from Santiago Bernabeu. Kaka has largely failed to recapture his AC Milan form which saw him awarded the 2007 Ballon d`Or.
"Someone like Kaka was only voted one of the best players in the world a few years ago," Keane said. "We welcome anyone with his stature and his ability to the Galaxy, but ultimately it`s down to the boss."
The `boss` - AEG president Tim Leiweke - agrees with the Republic of Ireland international. The man who brought Beckham to Los Angeles is now batting his eyelashes at Kaka, and doing so publicly.
Kaka has frequently talked of his admiration of the United States. His brother, Digao, plays for the New York Red Bulls, and the best man at his wedding, Marcelo Saragosa, is at DC United.
"We`re well aware of Kaka`s interest in MLS, and we in turn have made it very clear to him that he`s aware of our interest in him," Leiweke told Sports Illustrated.
"We have a great relationship with Real Madrid, and just as we worked through a player with them six years ago [Beckham], I`m absolutely convinced we could find the right deal this time, too."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly