Keane fans flames in Kaka to LA Galaxy rumours
Los Angeles: Robbie Keane has fanned the flames linking Kaka with a move to LA Galaxy, as the MLS club begin their search for a big name to replace the outgoing David Beckham.
The Brazilian playmaker has struggled to find consistent first-team action at Real Madrid, and the MLS Cup finalists would offer a potential outlet should the Real Madrid star seek a transfer.
"If we want to - as a team and an organisation - to push on and be the best that we can, to attract players like Kaka would be brilliant," Robbie Keane has told reporters at a press conference.
Rumours continue to link the 30-year-old away from Santiago Bernabeu. Kaka has largely failed to recapture his AC Milan form which saw him awarded the 2007 Ballon d`Or.
"Someone like Kaka was only voted one of the best players in the world a few years ago," Keane said. "We welcome anyone with his stature and his ability to the Galaxy, but ultimately it`s down to the boss."
The `boss` - AEG president Tim Leiweke - agrees with the Republic of Ireland international. The man who brought Beckham to Los Angeles is now batting his eyelashes at Kaka, and doing so publicly.
Kaka has frequently talked of his admiration of the United States. His brother, Digao, plays for the New York Red Bulls, and the best man at his wedding, Marcelo Saragosa, is at DC United.
"We`re well aware of Kaka`s interest in MLS, and we in turn have made it very clear to him that he`s aware of our interest in him," Leiweke told Sports Illustrated.
"We have a great relationship with Real Madrid, and just as we worked through a player with them six years ago [Beckham], I`m absolutely convinced we could find the right deal this time, too."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video