Keane frustrated on Celtic debut
London: Robbie Keane`s Celtic debut turned sour when the Glasgow side were beaten 1-0 at Kilmarnock to leave them 10 points behind Scottish Premier League leaders Rangers.
Ireland skipper Keane, signed on loan from Tottenham Hotspur on Monday, was in the starting line-up along with fellow new signing Diomansy Kamara, but was left frustrated.
Chris Maguire gave Kilmarnock the lead seven minutes into the second half and they held on for their first home league win against Celtic for nine years.
Keane, the former Inter Milan, Leeds United and Liverpool striker, had several chances to open his Celtic account but was denied by keeper Cammy Bell.
"It`s not the result we wanted," Celtic manager Tony Mowbray told the BBC. "We needed to hit the ground running with the new signings, but it didn`t quite happen tonight."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill