Keane frustrated on Celtic debut
London: Robbie Keane`s Celtic debut turned sour when the Glasgow side were beaten 1-0 at Kilmarnock to leave them 10 points behind Scottish Premier League leaders Rangers.
Ireland skipper Keane, signed on loan from Tottenham Hotspur on Monday, was in the starting line-up along with fellow new signing Diomansy Kamara, but was left frustrated.
Chris Maguire gave Kilmarnock the lead seven minutes into the second half and they held on for their first home league win against Celtic for nine years.
Keane, the former Inter Milan, Leeds United and Liverpool striker, had several chances to open his Celtic account but was denied by keeper Cammy Bell.
"It`s not the result we wanted," Celtic manager Tony Mowbray told the BBC. "We needed to hit the ground running with the new signings, but it didn`t quite happen tonight."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city