Keane frustrated on Celtic debut
London: Robbie Keane`s Celtic debut turned sour when the Glasgow side were beaten 1-0 at Kilmarnock to leave them 10 points behind Scottish Premier League leaders Rangers.
Ireland skipper Keane, signed on loan from Tottenham Hotspur on Monday, was in the starting line-up along with fellow new signing Diomansy Kamara, but was left frustrated.
Chris Maguire gave Kilmarnock the lead seven minutes into the second half and they held on for their first home league win against Celtic for nine years.
Keane, the former Inter Milan, Leeds United and Liverpool striker, had several chances to open his Celtic account but was denied by keeper Cammy Bell.
"It`s not the result we wanted," Celtic manager Tony Mowbray told the BBC. "We needed to hit the ground running with the new signings, but it didn`t quite happen tonight."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez