Keane frustrated on Celtic debut
London: Robbie Keane`s Celtic debut turned sour when the Glasgow side were beaten 1-0 at Kilmarnock to leave them 10 points behind Scottish Premier League leaders Rangers.
Ireland skipper Keane, signed on loan from Tottenham Hotspur on Monday, was in the starting line-up along with fellow new signing Diomansy Kamara, but was left frustrated.
Chris Maguire gave Kilmarnock the lead seven minutes into the second half and they held on for their first home league win against Celtic for nine years.
Keane, the former Inter Milan, Leeds United and Liverpool striker, had several chances to open his Celtic account but was denied by keeper Cammy Bell.
"It`s not the result we wanted," Celtic manager Tony Mowbray told the BBC. "We needed to hit the ground running with the new signings, but it didn`t quite happen tonight."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview