Keane interested in taking up Venkys-owned Rovers’ vacant managerial position
London: Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane is interested in becoming Blackburn Rovers’ next manager after the club’s Indian owners Venkys fired Steve Kean from the job.
According to a leading daily, Keane has already been offered the manager`s job at Kasimpasa, a club based in Turkish capital Istanbul, but is delaying accepting the 1.4 million pound-a-year post while sounding out the Rovers.
Keane, who has had spells in charge at Sunderland and Ipswich but is now a TV pundit, fits the profile of the big name manager that Blackburn owners Venky’s are looking for to win back the fans and secure a return to the Premier League.
Keane’s former Old Trafford teammate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also eyeing the Ewood Park job, the paper added.
Solskjaer, who won the Norwegian title with Molde in his first full season with his old club, turned down Aston Villa in the summer, but does want to work in England, the paper said.
Rovers’ 1995 title-winning skipper Tim Sherwood, currently on the staff at Tottenham, also features on the short-list for the vacancy. Rovers’ hero Alan Shearer has also been linked with a return to Ewood Park, the paper concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?