Keane says Fergie still wants power, control of Man Utd
London: Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane has claimed that Sir Alex Ferguson`s `massive ego` is harming the club, according to reports.
According to SportsMole.co.uk, Ferguson stepped down as manager of United this summer after a highly-successfully 27-year stint in charge, moving upstairs to become a director at the club.
The Red Devils have struggled under new manager David Moyes, losing five and winning just six of their opening 15 matches to sit ninth in the Premier League table.
Keane believes that Ferguson`s desire to control everything at the club is one of the reasons behind their poor form, the report said.
Keane and Ferguson have had a number of public disputes since the former left United in 2005 after fallout with the club, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire