Keane says Fergie still wants power, control of Man Utd
London: Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane has claimed that Sir Alex Ferguson`s `massive ego` is harming the club, according to reports.
According to SportsMole.co.uk, Ferguson stepped down as manager of United this summer after a highly-successfully 27-year stint in charge, moving upstairs to become a director at the club.
The Red Devils have struggled under new manager David Moyes, losing five and winning just six of their opening 15 matches to sit ninth in the Premier League table.
Keane believes that Ferguson`s desire to control everything at the club is one of the reasons behind their poor form, the report said.
Keane and Ferguson have had a number of public disputes since the former left United in 2005 after fallout with the club, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Shannen Doherty shares shaven head photos amid cancer battle
- Congress forms five-member committee to examine bills, debates in Parl
- To give shape to new education policy, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar meets RSS leaders
- Italian connection to Mahatma Gandhi's assassination? Subramanian Swamy to reveal after August 15
- WATCH: AB de Villiers' lesson for 19-year-old who struck him with fearsome bouncer