Keep Fabregas out of Spain-Ecuador friendly: Barcelona
Madrid: La Liga giants Barcelona on Sunday said midfielder Cesc Fabregas has injured his right ankle and should not be called for Spain`s friendly against Ecuador.
Fabregas was included in Spain coach Vicente del Bosque`s roster for Wednesday`s match, reports Xinhua.
"Cesc has sprained an external lateral ligament in his right ankle," said the club.
Fabregas limped off during Saturday`s pre-season friendly in which he scored once and set up Neymar and Gerard Pique in Barcelona`s a 3-1 win against Malaysia.
Del Bosque has described the Spain-Ecuador friendly as an important preparation game for upcoming World Cup qualifiers of which Spain will play their first match in Group I against Finland Sep 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured