Keep Fabregas out of Spain-Ecuador friendly: Barcelona
Madrid: La Liga giants Barcelona on Sunday said midfielder Cesc Fabregas has injured his right ankle and should not be called for Spain`s friendly against Ecuador.
Fabregas was included in Spain coach Vicente del Bosque`s roster for Wednesday`s match, reports Xinhua.
"Cesc has sprained an external lateral ligament in his right ankle," said the club.
Fabregas limped off during Saturday`s pre-season friendly in which he scored once and set up Neymar and Gerard Pique in Barcelona`s a 3-1 win against Malaysia.
Del Bosque has described the Spain-Ecuador friendly as an important preparation game for upcoming World Cup qualifiers of which Spain will play their first match in Group I against Finland Sep 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth