Keep Fabregas out of Spain-Ecuador friendly: Barcelona
Madrid: La Liga giants Barcelona on Sunday said midfielder Cesc Fabregas has injured his right ankle and should not be called for Spain`s friendly against Ecuador.
Fabregas was included in Spain coach Vicente del Bosque`s roster for Wednesday`s match, reports Xinhua.
"Cesc has sprained an external lateral ligament in his right ankle," said the club.
Fabregas limped off during Saturday`s pre-season friendly in which he scored once and set up Neymar and Gerard Pique in Barcelona`s a 3-1 win against Malaysia.
Del Bosque has described the Spain-Ecuador friendly as an important preparation game for upcoming World Cup qualifiers of which Spain will play their first match in Group I against Finland Sep 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing