Keep Fabregas out of Spain-Ecuador friendly: Barcelona
Madrid: La Liga giants Barcelona on Sunday said midfielder Cesc Fabregas has injured his right ankle and should not be called for Spain`s friendly against Ecuador.
Fabregas was included in Spain coach Vicente del Bosque`s roster for Wednesday`s match, reports Xinhua.
"Cesc has sprained an external lateral ligament in his right ankle," said the club.
Fabregas limped off during Saturday`s pre-season friendly in which he scored once and set up Neymar and Gerard Pique in Barcelona`s a 3-1 win against Malaysia.
Del Bosque has described the Spain-Ecuador friendly as an important preparation game for upcoming World Cup qualifiers of which Spain will play their first match in Group I against Finland Sep 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists