Kerala ready to be a U-17 World Cup host: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala is ready to be one of the hosts of the 2017 U-17 World Cup if it is allocated to India by football world body FIFA, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Wednesday.
"We are agreeable to hosting the event in Kerala. We will soon ink a MoU with the (union) sports ministry," Chandy said on Wednesday.
The union Government last month gave the go-ahead to India`s ambitious bid to host the U-17 Football World Cup in 2017, that is already being backed by FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke.
The AIFF has proposed five states as the venues - Delhi, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Karnataka and one among Assam, Goa and Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”