Kerala ready to be a U-17 World Cup host: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala is ready to be one of the hosts of the 2017 U-17 World Cup if it is allocated to India by football world body FIFA, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Wednesday.
"We are agreeable to hosting the event in Kerala. We will soon ink a MoU with the (union) sports ministry," Chandy said on Wednesday.
The union Government last month gave the go-ahead to India`s ambitious bid to host the U-17 Football World Cup in 2017, that is already being backed by FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke.
The AIFF has proposed five states as the venues - Delhi, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Karnataka and one among Assam, Goa and Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department