Kerala ready to be a U-17 World Cup host: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala is ready to be one of the hosts of the 2017 U-17 World Cup if it is allocated to India by football world body FIFA, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Wednesday.
"We are agreeable to hosting the event in Kerala. We will soon ink a MoU with the (union) sports ministry," Chandy said on Wednesday.
The union Government last month gave the go-ahead to India`s ambitious bid to host the U-17 Football World Cup in 2017, that is already being backed by FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke.
The AIFF has proposed five states as the venues - Delhi, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Karnataka and one among Assam, Goa and Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened