Kerala ready to be a U-17 World Cup host: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala is ready to be one of the hosts of the 2017 U-17 World Cup if it is allocated to India by football world body FIFA, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Wednesday.
"We are agreeable to hosting the event in Kerala. We will soon ink a MoU with the (union) sports ministry," Chandy said on Wednesday.
The union Government last month gave the go-ahead to India`s ambitious bid to host the U-17 Football World Cup in 2017, that is already being backed by FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke.
The AIFF has proposed five states as the venues - Delhi, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Karnataka and one among Assam, Goa and Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down