Kerala ready to be a U-17 World Cup host: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala is ready to be one of the hosts of the 2017 U-17 World Cup if it is allocated to India by football world body FIFA, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Wednesday.
"We are agreeable to hosting the event in Kerala. We will soon ink a MoU with the (union) sports ministry," Chandy said on Wednesday.
The union Government last month gave the go-ahead to India`s ambitious bid to host the U-17 Football World Cup in 2017, that is already being backed by FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke.
The AIFF has proposed five states as the venues - Delhi, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Karnataka and one among Assam, Goa and Kerala.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know