Kevin Pietersen bats for Frank Lampard to be retained by Chelsea
London: Kevin Pietersen, who is a Chelsea fan, has urged Blues owner Roman Abramovich to renew veteran Frank Lampard’s contract, which expires at the end of season, following his outstanding brace during 2-1 win over Everton at Goodison Park on Sunday.
Pietersen said on his Twitter that Lampard is the best player in Chelsea and the club should certainly keep the best at the club, the Daily Mail reports.
The England batsman tweeted that Lampard has again proved himself as the best against an in form Everton team and dared Abramovich to offer a new contract to the veteran midfielder.
Lampard, 34, is out of contract at Stamford Bridge at the end of this season and, with negotiations over a new deal seemingly a non-starter, his two goals against Everton were a timely reminder of his undiminished abilities, the paper said.
Pietersen is no stranger to airing his views on Chelsea`s fortunes on Twitter as in November 2011 he had called then manager Andre Villas-Boas a ``muppet`` and gave him six months in the job, which eventually turned out to be true.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH