Kevin Pietersen bats for Frank Lampard to be retained by Chelsea
London: Kevin Pietersen, who is a Chelsea fan, has urged Blues owner Roman Abramovich to renew veteran Frank Lampard’s contract, which expires at the end of season, following his outstanding brace during 2-1 win over Everton at Goodison Park on Sunday.
Pietersen said on his Twitter that Lampard is the best player in Chelsea and the club should certainly keep the best at the club, the Daily Mail reports.
The England batsman tweeted that Lampard has again proved himself as the best against an in form Everton team and dared Abramovich to offer a new contract to the veteran midfielder.
Lampard, 34, is out of contract at Stamford Bridge at the end of this season and, with negotiations over a new deal seemingly a non-starter, his two goals against Everton were a timely reminder of his undiminished abilities, the paper said.
Pietersen is no stranger to airing his views on Chelsea`s fortunes on Twitter as in November 2011 he had called then manager Andre Villas-Boas a ``muppet`` and gave him six months in the job, which eventually turned out to be true.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations