Kevin Pietersen bats for Frank Lampard to be retained by Chelsea
London: Kevin Pietersen, who is a Chelsea fan, has urged Blues owner Roman Abramovich to renew veteran Frank Lampard’s contract, which expires at the end of season, following his outstanding brace during 2-1 win over Everton at Goodison Park on Sunday.
Pietersen said on his Twitter that Lampard is the best player in Chelsea and the club should certainly keep the best at the club, the Daily Mail reports.
The England batsman tweeted that Lampard has again proved himself as the best against an in form Everton team and dared Abramovich to offer a new contract to the veteran midfielder.
Lampard, 34, is out of contract at Stamford Bridge at the end of this season and, with negotiations over a new deal seemingly a non-starter, his two goals against Everton were a timely reminder of his undiminished abilities, the paper said.
Pietersen is no stranger to airing his views on Chelsea`s fortunes on Twitter as in November 2011 he had called then manager Andre Villas-Boas a ``muppet`` and gave him six months in the job, which eventually turned out to be true.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city