Kidnapped soccer star Obodo released in Nigeria
Abuja: Kidnapped Nigeria-born international soccer star Christian Obodo was released Sunday evening, according to a top-level security source.
Obodo was kidnapped in Delta state on Saturday. The source, however, could not disclose whether or not a ransom was paid before the Nigeria-born midfielder was freed by his captors, Xinhua reported.
"I can confirm to you that the football star has reunited with his family a few hours ago," the source said.
Abductors had initially demanded a ransom of 150, 000 euro (USD 188,000) , according to a family source.
Obodo who was in Nigeria to visit his family was driving alone in an area called Effurun in Delta state Saturday morning when some unidentified gunmen abducted him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know