Kidnapped soccer star Obodo released in Nigeria
Abuja: Kidnapped Nigeria-born international soccer star Christian Obodo was released Sunday evening, according to a top-level security source.
Obodo was kidnapped in Delta state on Saturday. The source, however, could not disclose whether or not a ransom was paid before the Nigeria-born midfielder was freed by his captors, Xinhua reported.
"I can confirm to you that the football star has reunited with his family a few hours ago," the source said.
Abductors had initially demanded a ransom of 150, 000 euro (USD 188,000) , according to a family source.
Obodo who was in Nigeria to visit his family was driving alone in an area called Effurun in Delta state Saturday morning when some unidentified gunmen abducted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?