Kilmarnock stun Celtic to win Scottish League Cup
London: Kilmarnock won the Scottish League Cup for the first time with a shock 1-0 victory over Premier League leaders Celtic in the final at Hampden Park on Sunday.
Belgian Dieter Van Tornhout headed the winner on his 27th birthday six minutes from time following a superb whipped cross from Lee Johnson, his first goal for the club.
Celtic, 14-times League Cup winners and seeking a domestic treble, underperformed against a team six places and 41 points behind them in the Scottish Premier League.
Kilmarnock goalkeeper Cammy Bell saved well from Anthony Stokes and Victor Wanyama while Stokes had a strong penalty claim turned down in the dying minutes but Kilmarnock hung to win their first trophy since the 1997 Scottish Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder