Kilmarnock stun Celtic to win Scottish League Cup
Hampden Park: Kilmarnock won the Scottish League Cup for the first time with a shock 1-0 victory over Premier League leaders Celtic in the final at Hampden Park on Sunday.
Belgian Dieter Van Tornhout headed the winner on his 27th birthday six minutes from time following a superb whipped cross from Lee Johnson, his first goal for the club.
Celtic, 14-times League Cup winners and seeking a domestic treble, underperformed against a team six places and 41 points behind them in the Scottish Premier League.
Kilmarnock goalkeeper Cammy Bell saved well from Anthony Stokes and Victor Wanyama while Stokes had a strong penalty claim turned down in the dying minutes but Kilmarnock hung to win their first trophy since the 1997 Scottish Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims