Klopp key to Dortmund move: Mkhitaryan
Berlin: Henrikh Mkhitaryan says Jurgen Klopp played a big role in his decision to move to Borussia Dortmund.
Mkhitaryan joined BVB from Shakhtar Donetsk in a deal worth €27.5 million last week, becoming Dortmund`s third signing of the summer following the capture of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos and attacker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
The forward, who signed a four-year contract, says the charismatic Klopp was pivotal in his decision to join the Bundesliga giants.
"Klopp played a large role in my decision to come here. He is a great coach. And I know that the team is really good and operates professionally," he told Kicker.
Mkhitaryan scored 25 goals in 29 league games for Shakhtar last season helping the club clinch the Ukrainian title.
"To win something with your team is a great joy this is why you play the game," he added. "If this is not your drive, it is better to do something else.
"To win titles in football you have to give it everything that`s what my experience has taught me."
The 24-year-old has adapted to life in Germany quite comfortably but says not too much should be read into his start as it is still early days.
He added: "I listen attentively to what Jurgen Klopp has to say. But still, there have only been a couple of training sessions and two games, we`re talking about now. That should not be forgotten."
Mkhitaryan grabbed a goal and an assist in Dortmund`s 3-1 friendly win over Basel whilst he also featured in the 4-1 victory over Besiktas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam